- This event has passed.
Specialty Education Wine Seminar: “Sniffing and Swirling- the Nose Knows”
July 14, 2018 @ 12:15 pm - 1:30 pm$25
This seminar will be an interactive olfactory exploration of the senses. We’ll be sniffing and swirling over 40 common aromatic components of wine alongside tasting wines with similar character. Ever think when tasting New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc “this smells like grapefruits, or when sampling a Sangiovese “this reminds me of tart cherries?” The sense of smell is, by far, our most powerful sense. Come join us in this entertaining expedition of learning why wine smells like it does, and how to identify components with conscious whiffing.
- Mohua Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough NZ
- Cambria Clone 4 Chardonnay, Santa Maria Valley
- Masi Masianco Pinot Grigio, Veneto
- Chateau Recougne Bordeaux Superieur Rouge
- Ruffino Chianti Classico Riserva Ducale
- Caldero Pinot Nero, Alto Adige
- Treana Cabernet Sauvignon, Paso Robles